Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer does not recognize new device - VC500 adapter

• Please log in to reply

mothernature100

mothernature100

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The Diamond VC500 Adapter is new and I have it plugged into a Samsung VCR (that works fine with TV) and the other end of the adapter is plugged into a USB port. Port works well with my camera and other USB devices. As soon as I plug the USB into port, get a message: "USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." I've tried cleaning the jack ends with alcohol, blew out area with 3M Dust Remover, reconnected jacks several times and even installed the adapter driver. Still get the same message. Sent this info to the Diamond Multimedia Tech Support, but haven't heard back from them.
Any advice you may offer would be very much appreciated.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
What Operating System and version are you running?

http://www.diamondmm.com/VC500.php > "Specifications" tab

System Requirements

Operating System : WINVISTA32 , WINXP , MCE

mothernature100

mothernature100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What Operating System and version are you running?

.........I'm running XP Professional SPack 3. Have an Asus motherboard (audio/video on board); 2.80 gigahertz dual core Intel chip; 2 GB Memory; 240 GB Hard Drive.
I had read the specs prior to purchasing the device to make certain my computer would be compatible.[/font][/color]

http://www.diamondmm.com/VC500.php > "Specifications" tab

System Requirements

Operating System : WINVISTA32 , WINXP , MCE

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Have you tried different USB ports?

If so, and you still get the same error, it may be a defective device.

Do you have another (compatible) computer you could use to test it?

If so, and you still get the same error, it would definitely point to a defective device.