Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot import bookmarks from Firefox to any other browser

• Please log in to reply

bentherat

bentherat

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I am running OSX 10.5.8
Firefox 3.6.8
Opera 10.10
Seamonkey 2.0.6

I have tried on many occasions to import bookmarks from Firefox to other browsers. I've read countless tutorials to no avail. They don't seem to be in any Mozilla folder I can find, in my Library nor Application Support.

I gave up trying to import them to Opera. I downloaded Seamonkey, thinking it was an Opera problem, but it can't find them either. I've tried backing them up and saving the file where I could find it, then opening the file using Seamonkey. Unfortunately, the backup seems to be an unreadable file format. .jsn or something.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I am running OSX 10.5.8
Firefox 3.6.8

Bookmarks>organize bookmarks>import and backup>Export html>choose where you'd like to save the file bookmarks.html

To import, just point the non-Firefox to bookmarks.html