Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word in Chinese

• Please log in to reply

Diane86

Diane86

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hello all,

I have just upgraded to Windows 7, however for the past 2 weeks everytime I click on Microsoft Work there are multiple pop ups in Chinese ( it may be another language as well) and then when clasing or exiting the program there multiple pop ups as well. I also notice when I click on the START menu and Selcet either Documents or Picture nothing opens up. But when I go to my name I can then open up Documents and Pictures. Can someone please tell me what is going on with my computer??

Thank a million in advance

Diane

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Sounds like malware. You need to go check the malware forum sections for a solution. If you can not solve it yourself, post your problem there in the correct section.

Diane86

Diane86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
It does not state that any of these Malware fighing programs on the "malware removal Guide" is compatable with Windows 7. Please let me know if it they are?

Thank You.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Have requested a senior member to answer the question about Windows 7 and the malware software listed. I'm sure you would find this information on the respective software sites as to operating system compatibility.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi they are all compatible with windows 7 - for 64 bit systems some operate in reduced functionality or not at all. But if you start a malware topic include that information

Diane86

Diane86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
So I followed your instructions and found that the compatilibity for the "Malware Removal Programs" were found next to the applications itself OR in the FAQs.

However GMER for Windows 7, 64 bit is just not compatible.

I did do a OTL log and have the 2 following results.

Please let me know what should I do next.

Edited by Essexboy, 27 August 2010 - 02:26 AM.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Did you take a look and read these?
Malware Removal Forum Rules

I can not help you with any malware in this section of the forum as I have not gone through the training for it.

Diane86

Diane86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Then tell me where to post it so I can get help or Please refer me to someone who has training.

Thanks
Crystal

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
The rules at the top tell you what you need to know to post your topic. Someone, who is authorized to help you in the malware forum section, will reply to your post with the steps they want you to follow or the questions that need to be answered before proceeding.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I have removed your logs as we do not allow them to be posted outside of the malware forum - please start a new topic there and post the logs - thank you

Bismillah

Bismillah

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
You need to make a thread here http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/
Include your OTL logs and another log you may have GMER or MBAM?
When one of the malware staff are not busy they will begin helping you on your thread.
If you have not had anyone reply to your thread within 3 days make a new thread in the waiting room
and include a link to your malware thread your thread being in the waiting room will be looked at soon.

Edited by nortan360, 27 August 2010 - 05:04 AM.