Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Access Denied "My Documents"?

• Please log in to reply

hotchoclo

hotchoclo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here's the story:

My 8+ year old computer died last week (I think it's a power source failure, but that's besides the point), and today I transferred my HD (internal) to another computer so I could back up my files and what not.

My Windows XP user, aside from being an administrator, also had its files protected (you know, that option XP gives you to keep any other user from accessing your stuff).

So I connected my HD as a slave to this computer, and now I can't open the "My Documents" folder to access and back up my files.

The question is: How can I by-pass this denial of access in order to back all my stuff up? I've got years of college work on there, and primarily my thesis, which I am currently (up until now) working on in order to graduate.

Thanks to all in advance.

@hotchoclo

Advertisements

hotchoclo

hotchoclo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, so I answered my own question with a bit more research:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

simplee55

simplee55

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello hotchoclo:

I have NO idea what your talking about, and why you sent me a E-mail notification that has nothing to do with what I posted in the Forum.

simplee55 :)

hotchoclo

hotchoclo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I didn't know that I had sent you an e-mail notification. I don't even know what your forum post is.

Sorry anyways.