Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 rules help

• Please log in to reply

ccurran

ccurran

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Guys,
I'm looking to create a rule for a meeting room resource. So basically what I want it to do is.....

If someone sends a meeting request to the meeting room resource it accepts it into it's calender & replies saying that it is accepted. But if the room is already booked for the specified time it will reply with an email stating that the room is already booked. I also want to add some other rules like if someone sends it as an appointment or mail or cc's the resource it will reply advising to send as a meeting room request & resource name in the "to" field but I think I have the hang of those rules.....

I used to have no problems doing this in Groupwise because it had & and IF statements that helped but cannot seem to find anything similiar in Outlook.....

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by ccurran, 25 August 2010 - 05:56 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what does your "outlook" connect to? do you have an exchange server in house?

if so, this might help (i use the email accounts option from this page and when people in the office use it correctly it works very well)

ccurran

ccurran

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help.I'll check out the link & let you know how I get on.

Thanks dsenette