Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu temperature

• Please log in to reply

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i have an intel p4 processor 530j. and the mobo is a p5gdc by asus. ok so i researched around and found that intel p4 processors dont overheat, but slow down in speed as the temp. because too high. well my cpu idles at 40-45c when doing normal stuff like internet and stuff. when i play games, it shoots up but so far not more than 60c. i know this cuz on asus probe, i put the threshold for the cpu at 60c. and no error signs. so is this usable? i know its not the best, but can it be used like this.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Everest Home to see if you get the same results for temperature

http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

Click + next to computer then sensor

60C isn't high

neilp4453

neilp4453

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
ya, i know cpus are able to function at 60c, but i like lower just in case. cuz it shoots up to 57c when i play wolfenstein enemy territory. now i dont if it this is a graphic intense game which could cause the cpu to go higher if i do play an intense game. the thing is, that it idles at about 39c when doing nothin. and then it shoots up when playin games. i guess its good, but second opinons are better.