Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel & Hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply

luftdrachen

luftdrachen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a spreadsheet in excel 2007 that keeps resetting the hyperlinks. Every time I change them they get reset as soon as I change sheets in my workbook. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello luftdrachen,

Welcome to Geeks to Go :)

Could you describe what you mean whey you change a hyperlink and what happens to the hyperlink when it "resets?"

Sincerely,

dm

luftdrachen

luftdrachen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello luftdrachen,

Welcome to Geeks to Go :)

Could you describe what you mean whey you change a hyperlink and what happens to the hyperlink when it "resets?"

Sincerely,

dm

Certainly I have entered in hyperlinks they have become pointed to an incorrect location. I go through change them to the correct location, when I change sheets and change back again the hyperlinks have gone back to the incorrect location

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Thanks for the information... A couple of additional questions if you don't mind:

• So these links point to files on your computer (or network) or actual websites?
  • Are you the only user of the spreadsheet or do others have access to it?
Best regards,

dm

Oliver Wendel

Oliver Wendel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the same problem plus another:
this pertains to to another tab in the same Excel file:

after creating a hyperlink and use it once or twice it disappears. I have to create the hyperlink again.

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello Oliver,

Wow, this is an old thread...

Not sure if you wanted to start your own topic, however, can you describe the actions taken that seem to cause the hyperlink to vanish?

Also, what version of Excel are you using?

Thanks,

dm

Oliver Wendel

Oliver Wendel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply.
I'm using Excel 2007.
The only actions prior to the hyperlink disappearing is that I test it. Sometimes it disappears after one test, sometimes after two or three tests.
Oliver

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Interesting...

So the text remains in the cell but the link becomes disabled? Is this a shared workbook or are you the only user?

dm

Oliver Wendel

Oliver Wendel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, the text remains in the cell. I am the only user.
Thanks for the reply

Sualbh

Sualbh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have similar problem. I put hyperlinks on cells to files in the same drive. However after some time (may be same day or after 3-4 days) hyperlinks start pointing to the same file itsel and not the intended file (where thay were set). This problem has started from last one month only, was not there earlier. Any Help.

Sulabh