Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loose power adaptor on laptop

• Please log in to reply

Pianomom

Pianomom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When connecting the power supply to the back of the laptop, it wiggles, and the connection is easily interrupted. If the cords are taped so nothing moves, then the connection is fine. The connection is getting more unstable all the time. Is this a problem that can be fixed? How?

Edited by Pianomom, 26 May 2005 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Your power plug is about to fail on you.

Check with your local computer repair shop, they will tell you that this is the thing that they make most of their money on. It will cost you about 100+$ to get it fixed.
I would suggest that you check out this neat little thing I found on EBay, it will help you to prevent this again! However I cant find the link, but basically it makes the plug stationary so it wont move around.
I know thats not much help and not what you wanted to hear.. but its what I know!

Thats my 2 cents no one ask for!

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Is it a Toshiba?

The warranty was extended (read recall) on a few models for this problem. Check with the manufacturer and see if this is the case with your laptop.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
If you feel adventurous:

http://defectivekit....-it-yourselfer/

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
At the computer shop I work at it is one of our most profitable repairs. We charge $80. If you feel comfortable working with the equipment it is fairly simple to fix yourself. It does however take practice and patience.