Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can i recover my system without a disk

• Please log in to reply

samcro

samcro

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i have a toshiba satellite a105 s2101 and i want to do a system recovery and dont have the disk, and can't download or burn a disk, i have tried to use the shut down and hold zero(0) when starting pc but that didnt work can anyone help???

Advertisements

trig

trig

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

i have a toshiba satellite a105 s2101 and i want to do a system recovery and dont have the disk, and can't download or burn a disk, i have tried to use the shut down and hold zero(0) when starting pc but that didnt work can anyone help???

trig

trig

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.
If that does not work then do this
Click Start > Run and type diskmgmt.msc in the Open: line and click OK, now see if you hidden partion is listed there. TP

Edited by trig, 25 August 2010 - 08:10 PM.

samcro

samcro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
tried 2 do the holding then tapping zero button but didnt work i also did the process to find the partion and it showed 2 different files,,can i run those

trig

trig

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Go back to disk management Click Start > Run and type diskmgmt.msc in the Open: line and click OK
Now hit the Print Screen key on the keyboard. Open up microsoft Paint and go to EDIT and click Paste. Save this file as a JPEG file on your desktop. Upload the picture here and let me see if it is the hidden partiton. I will check back tomorrow for your post. JP

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
How old is your Toshiba?
I believe, that at some point (around 2007), they stopped shipping laptops with recovery partition.
Instead....

1. Click Start

2. Select All Programs

3. Select Recovery Disc Creator.

4. Within the Recovery Disc Creator select Create

5. When prompted enter the first blank DVD and select Ok

6. When prompted enter the second blank DVD and select Ok

Edited by Broni, 26 August 2010 - 04:19 PM.

samcro

samcro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
here is what u asked for.

Attached Thumbnails

• partition.JPG

trig

trig

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Broni suggestion will work but not sure how it can do it on a system that has many infections. If you would have done what he said the day you recieved your pc then it would be easy.
I do not see the partition with the operating system on it. The one that shows is probably a diagnostics type partition. Most hidden partition's with operating systems on them have 3 to 5 gigs of space used and yours is only in the 300 meg range. You will probably need to order the restore cd/dvd from Toshiba.

Edited by trig, 26 August 2010 - 10:46 AM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Judging by that screenshot, you do not have a recovery partition.

samcro

samcro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks everyone for help.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Keep us posted :)