Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More Than One Window Closing

• Please log in to reply

Athena28

Athena28

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi,

Whenver I get a 'hanging' window and close it all my open windows close. I just close/end the 'hanging' window, but for some reason all the open windows close. Is there anyway I can stop this?

Thanks.

Edited by Athena28, 27 August 2010 - 01:26 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which "hanging window" is this? What program is it part of?

Athena28

Athena28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Which "hanging window" is this? What program is it part of?

Hi. It's just an open window in IE8. I can have a few windows open and/or try to open another. It will 'hang' and not open to
my homepage. I then attempt to close it and when I do, all the open windows close.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It sounds like what happens in Fire Fox with me. When I get a hanging window i close it and my whole Fire Fox closes. I then reopen it and there is a window that pops up and ask me what tabs I want to reopen. I uncheck the one that caused the problem and the others open up with no problem.
Are you opening multiple IE windows or are you having multiple tabs open?