Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot unistall a program

• Please log in to reply

neepaw

neepaw

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I downloaded deep freeze 6 on 8/21/10, but it did not install completley, and there is no remove in add or remove program in control panel. I have been into msconfig, regedit, and found everything that I could on the program and deleted them, went into documents and deleted the download, been into safe mode and removed everything in that too. But when I restart the pc everything returns to where it was before, and the emails go back to the 21th, even I deleted the ones that I did not want, they come back.
Can anyone help, I hope.
Thanks,
Neepaw

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

neepaw

neepaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I downloaded Revo Unistaller and ran it, but the deep freeze is not located in the add or remove program.
When I go into documents and click on the DF6 program, a box comes up to run and click on run, a information box pops up Deep Freeze6 must be disabled before any install/uninstall can proceed, and you click on the box it disapears. Like I said, been into msconfig, regedit, and deleted all in both places, and still cannot get rid of the program.
This is a real head scratcher....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets try a different way then.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

neepaw

neepaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I ran the AutoRun, and found two files that had DF6 in them and right clicked and deleted both. I tried to open and it said that cannot open this file, tried to attach file, but it said "Error No file was selected for upload". On desktop the file I saved is "AutoRun.arn" So after I send this, I will restart pc and see what happens, I hope that this does it!
Thanks,
neepaw

neepaw

neepaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
After AutoRun, I restarted pc and back to where it was, and half to wait for everything to update from the 21th-today.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There are other steps in order to correct this. Step 6 is the important one. You won't be able to attach the default arn file. It has to be saved as txt file and then you can attach it.

5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

neepaw

neepaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I got df6out of my pc,looks like I am not the only one to have trouble.
http://www.out-of-wa...different-ways/
Thanks, for the help.
neepaw

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Everything running right now?
Can you please run the Autoruns and attach the log so we can double check for the program and any others that may cause a problem? :)