Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Laptop Should I Get?

• Please log in to reply

FF-FANATIC

FF-FANATIC

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone, if I HAVE to buy one of these two following laptops:

• Qosmio X500-123
  • VAIO VPCF127HG/BI

which one should I get? Plz I need some help ASAP :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depends. What do you want it for?

Difference wise, the Toshiba has two hard drives (640Gb and a 500Gb) whereas the Sony has 1 640Gb drive. Minor processor diffference, nothing to write home about, minor variations on the graphics... The Sony weighs less.

Far as I'm concerned they're both as good as each other.

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I'de go with the Toshiba personally. The moment you get an issue with that sony, they're going to make your wallet much slimmer. Plus ive always felt, with them your paying for more name brand then specs compared to other companies.

FF-FANATIC

FF-FANATIC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your quick replies guys.

@ Neil Jones: I'm looking for a reliable laptop that is very good when it comes to entertainment (playing games, watching HD movies and such) and worth its price. Therefore, since the difference between these two laptops is minor that's why I'm confused regarding which one to buy. Having said that, one of my friends has an earlier model of Qosmio (I don't remember its model exactly but I do remember that it has the same specs as Qosmio X500-123 except for its graphic card) and he's always complaining that even though he paid so much for it, he's always having some technical problems with it and that's why he wants me to get the Vaio.