Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overclocking core i3 540 (how to )

• Please log in to reply

centreno3

centreno3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey everyone im new to overclocking im been on the internet for day's rading about overclocking so i decided to do it,i have a intel i3 540 dual core for a desktop its hp and i restart the computer go into bios but i see the fsb and EXC.. all in grey so does this mean its locked or am i just not seeing it right,i have also heard that the i3's and up are good for overclocking so im not sure whats going on,is there anyone here who has overclocked on this procesor ,and help would be much appreacited.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Branded machines like HP, Compaq and Dell remove all the overclocking options from the BIOS to cut down on support calls.