Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help Acer is crashing

• Please log in to reply

daveg1977

daveg1977

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello can anyone please help I have recently helped a friend load mcAfee on there acer 5335 I deleted the expired norton 360 using add/remove programs and then installed the McAfee disc they brought on ebay I restarted ok and then when would not allow me to run any virus checks saying there was an error and to retry, then a small window appeared saying to switch programs. and the window kept on trying to re-open with the same message whenever I closed it the computer then froze up and when I tried to reload the laptop it kept on switching off before loading windows. so I thought this it may be overheating. my friend tried turning it on after a few hours and it loaded up windows but as soon as she clicked on explorer it froze up completely and she said it has lines all over the screen she said it either switched itself off or did the lines on the screen thing each time she restarted it. I now feel a bit responsible for this and she has all of her baby photos on the laptop which is my main concern.
can anyone help me fix the problem please?
David :)

Advertisements