Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Minecraft and FPS problems.

• Please log in to reply

MattLee

MattLee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi there everyone.

To keep this to the point, I'm trying to play the game "Minecraft," and it's HORRIBLY slow. It runs at 2 FPS most of the time...

See, my biggest issue is that I don't understand the problem, because my laptop is a little over a year old, is a Pentium 4 Dual core 2GHz, with 3GB ram, and easily enough physical memory. In my laptop, I have a "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family" graphic's card, and I really don't know much about it. It may be causing me the problems, thought it might not as well.

The game is primarily run in Java, utilizing OpenGL as it's main 3D technology, and a Java game like this really shouldn't be causing me problems on a computer of this caliber. It's midgrade, and it's essentially new, so what could be the problem...

Please, give me any information that you can, because I can't stand how slow this runs.

Thank you.