Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP will only run in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

levy1

levy1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My desk top icons blink, I kept having trouble with speed, then it will not boot up except in safe mode.

Avast says no problems
Spybot said I had 450 problems but would only remove the first 6 unliss I paid, (10 Trojans)
Spyhunter says no problems
Windows defender says no problems

When I try to run I get
cwindowsystem32command to access invalad address

I tried the system restore and it said cannot restore because user profile hive cleanup service defintions updated to version2010.27v01

In addittion I have received error loading cdocume~fred\startm`1\progrmas\startup\chdisk.dlol the module could not be found.

Internet exployer is running with out add ons and I dont know how to fix it

I have no idea of what I am doing. Just trying to use your forum for help. I am running a Dell Precision 370 with XP Intell 3 with 1 gig of ram. I have 2 drives if it matters a c drive with 37 gigs and a second drive with 250 gb and have plenty of room. What to do next, thanks

Edited by levy1, 29 August 2010 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi levy1,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

I'm going to re-direct you to our Security Forum. Please follow the link here --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and read the thread thoroughly before you proceed with the scans and start a new topic in the Security Forum.

Thank you!

Donna :)