Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't reinstall windows XP .. too many error messages

• Please log in to reply

MiaHess

MiaHess

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm trying to reinstall windows XP and I am getting multiple errors while it is being installed. Can't copy files - press Enter to skip and press esc to quit. I went through the process and chose to format and it all went perfectly until it came time to copy the files.I tried to skip a few but there were too many. I changed my cd rom drive because I thought that might be faulty. I also cleaned the disc and tried another disc. I've swithed out the harddrives (both from DEll computers) I still keep getting the same result everytime I try to install windows. :help:

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
after the install process as formated your hard drive it installs the files needed for the installation of XP those files are copied on your RAM so when you get many error messages it is probably because the or one (if you have more then one stick) of your memory stick is defective
or you XP cd is damage.

First download the bootable ISO image of the program MEMTEST86 and burn it on a cd
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
after boot from your cd and test one ram stick at a time to verify if your RAM is still good