Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CALL OF DUTY

• Please log in to reply

LU1S90

LU1S90

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
ok so now my call of duty works perfect. but now there's a defect. i'll be playing the game for like 45 minutes then it unexpectedly closes. it brings me to my desktop and all the colors and my desktop are very bright. why does it close? plz help me. :tazz:

Advertisements

GFix

GFix

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Mine also does this have you tryed the multiplayer and if so does your computer reboot the moment you join a server?

LU1S90

LU1S90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yea the same thing happens but it doesnt reboot it just closes down and brings me to my desktop with bright colors.........i need help :tazz:

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
all right fianlly a forum with my problem, i have this same problem my computer should be able to EASILY play COD heres my operatings system details, PLEASE SOME1 HELP

VisionTek Radeon 9600SE
128. MB
AMD Athlon XP (2600+) 1.9 Ghz
512MB RAM

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright i 4got 2 add, sometimes my comp. will exit the game and go the desktop with bright colors, bue other times it will restart after 45 min, still waiting 4 a reply
thanx

dajoker_610

dajoker_610

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello, not sure if this will help or not, but I was just reading some of these threads, and came across yours, however I didn't know how to answer your question. But as I was continuing to other threads I saw one titled "Call Of Duty U.O. Restarts My Computer ", it might help.

Joker

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok remove and reinstall your video drivers (if you need help with this see http://drivercleaner.net).

remove any mods you have downloaded for cod

make sure your patches are applied properly

run pbweb.exe to make sure punkbuster is updated.

See pinned posts for instructions on the last 2 items.

I have notice this issue more with ati cards than with nvidia. Make sure you have plenty of ventilation. Clean your fan on the graphics card with some canned air.

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
alright guys thanx, idk if it worked, i hope it does, well now that that is solved my screen stays really dark on UO and COD, i turned up the brightness on my monitor and the game, screwed with the options 2 c if turning them down would help, BUT ITS STILL SCREWED, need help on this 2 :tazz:

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
ok, this use 2 work, but now its screwed, i cant c CRAP its so dim, i need real help here PLEASE

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
GO under the ingame options menu and just bump the brightness level. it should fix it. you may have to do this a few times. Its a known compatability bug between ati and cod. May have something to do with pb, but no one has any proof of that.

Advertisements

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright, it took quite a while but it worked, i also installed some updates from windows update that had 2 do with ATI, the brightness problem is fixed again, thank you. Havent played COD enough 2 c if the other problem is fixed, i will get back 2 u on that.

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright the bright colors thing still isnt corrected. I know 4 a fact i dont have any viruses, trojans, spyware, anything. Anymore suggestions, this is starting 2 get on my nerves :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what driver version are you running?

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
i am not sure, can u tell me where 2 find this?

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
wait i lied, i found it 6.14.10.6517 is the driver version of my graphics card.