Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CALL OF DUTY

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is my version. 6.14.10.6525. go to ati.com and download the latest driver. they released the last one 5/17.

ok I just updated. couldn't remember after vacation if I had. went from 6525 to 6546 for the driver version.

Advertisements

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
alright i go 2 ati.com i have cataylst control center, what else do i need, what do i do?

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
i also have hydravision :huh:

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright the problem persists and its GAY!!!!!!!! :tazz: HELP

Mr.KnowItAll

Mr.KnowItAll

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
u have an old V...
the new V of nVidia is 7189
go to nvidia web site and dl the latest V.
also from the game itself dl and updates that released for this game... if your game V is 1.0 most likely taht your game is not up to date...

finally, check your CPU temperature... the restart thing and the whole thing might cause for your CPU is over hitted...

and also... if u r overclocking or did some adjustments to your BIOS, just reset it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
lol. he has an ati card not an nvidia....

I would personally suggest upgrading your video card toward late summer. by the the x800 agp should be down to a nice affordable range. also I wouldn't recomend getting one without 256megs or ram. Some of the issues I have with the game crashing is because it overflowes the video buffer. Happens mostly with poorly designed maps with lots of texture issues.

Also it could be that you have a generic memory in your system thats suspect. Games like call of duty make full use of the memory.

Lastly, like was suggested, make sure your fans and power supply are clean. an overheated processor or gpu can cause lots of flaky issues.

Do you know what brand your power supply is? over half of all hw issues could be prevented/fixed with a quality power supply.

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
alright i have been on vacation, i will check out the power supply thing and get back 2 u

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I use COD all the time and i have no errors what so ever not even when online heres my spec:

4.2GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
400GB HARD DRIVE
256MB NVIDIA 6800GT ULTRA
52x Speed CDROM / CD-RW / DVD ROM / DVD-RW

i know its a powerful pc especially for games heres a list of em

Grand theft auto san andreas
Doom 3
half life 2
unreal tournament 2004
need for speed underground 2
DRIVER 3
Rome Total War
Need for speed underground 1
grand theft auto 3
grand theft auto vice city
Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon
FIFA 2005
FIFA 2004
Killzone
SWAT
Call Of duty & Expansion Pack

There all the games that are on my pc lol

yodaman464

yodaman464

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I think i fixed my problem, but i just wanted 2 say your comp is a [bleep]in BEAST! :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would agree. a beast...

I think with cod, especially from playing lots of custom maps on my server, I wouldn't go with anyting other than a 256meg video card. every once in a while I get a map that someone didn't create the textures very well and it causes my card to error out. something like a buffer overun / card is out of memory errors. Hasn't happend in a while though.

Advertisements