Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or

• Please log in to reply

JP3105

JP3105

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I hope this is in the right place and someone can help.

I am trying to completely wipe and restore to factory settings my girlfriend's Dell laptop, since it started having some seemingly unfix-able problems. Since my friend (supposedly a computer whizz!) had a look at it, I now can't even get past this message which appears every time I turn the machine on:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\rpzkkmg.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I don't have a windows installation disc, and if I restart the computer, press F8 and look for 'repair computer' there, as has been previously suggested, it isn't there!

Pleease, please, any suggestions, I just need to restore the [bleep] thing to factory settings as this has been driving me mad for 2 weeks now! (and that was when I could access windows)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Are you pressing F8 BEFORE the system boots up? As per Dell..

You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

Murray