Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet loses connection

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My sister has a HP laptop running Windows XP Pro SP3 with a Intel Wireless card in it, and it has a problem holding a stable connection to the internet. It is connected wirelessly to a 2Wire 3800HGV-B Gateway and then wired from gateway to web. The (very) quick fix is to right click the wireless icon and "Repair" the connection. It then connects normally and after 1-15 minutes it will lose connection and say, "Limited or no connectivity." I have checked the AVG Virus scans, device manager for notification icons, and updated the Intel driver but still the problem persists. I'm stuck on this one, hope you guys can help!

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
It seems as though there is some problem with your IP address. I want to try a static configuration to see if that helps at all. However, to do this I will need you to do the following:

Go to start -> type cmd in the search box at the bottom (or click 'run' if using win. XP) -> hit enter ->type ipconfig /all -> print screen the full output -> paste it into paint or something -> save it and upload it.

The output should look something like this:

Windows XP Professional-2010-08-22-11-27-04.png