Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet loses connection

• Please log in to reply

MotoX86

MotoX86

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My sister has a HP laptop running Windows XP Pro SP3 with a Intel Wireless card in it, and it has a problem holding a stable connection to the internet. It is connected wirelessly to a 2Wire 3800HGV-B Gateway and then wired from gateway to web. The (very) quick fix is to right click the wireless icon and "Repair" the connection. It then connects normally and after 1-15 minutes it will lose connection and say, "Limited or no connectivity." I have checked the AVG Virus scans, device manager for notification icons, and updated the Intel driver but still the problem persists. I'm stuck on this one, hope you guys can help!

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
It seems as though there is some problem with your IP address. I want to try a static configuration to see if that helps at all. However, to do this I will need you to do the following:

Go to start -> type cmd in the search box at the bottom (or click 'run' if using win. XP) -> hit enter ->type ipconfig /all -> print screen the full output -> paste it into paint or something -> save it and upload it.

The output should look something like this:

Windows XP Professional-2010-08-22-11-27-04.png

Thanks,