Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

P4BOT

P4BOT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm building my second pc, this time I'm using a Micro Star K8M Neo-V motherboard with a AMD 64 processor I've Installed 512 MB of memory
a Radeon AGP 256 MB card
450 Watt Power Supply
I haven't installed the hard drives yet
everything listed above is in the case. My problem is after installation of motherboard and processor and making all the connections I have no power
at all, when turning the switch on from the front of the ATX Mid Tower at all
my motherboard doesn't have any current coming from the PS to the motherboard
I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I need help :tazz: ;) ;)

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
First thing and I know you've already done it at least once - recheck all your connections and make sure your ATX power header and your 4 pin power connector are both firmly seated. Ditto on memory and video card. Pull them out and reseat them to be sure. Now, check your CMOS jumper against your manual and make sure you are jumpered on 1&2. Then check the rocker switch on teh back of the power supply and try to fire that puppy up. If no go, disconnect power led wires, HDD led wires and reset switch and try with just the case power switch wires connected. If still no go, pull the power switch wires and use the reset wires on the power switch headers and try starting using the reset button. If still no go, we are goign to need a power supply tester or an alternative PSU to try befiore pulling your board out of the case.

Keep us posted as to what does or doesn't work.

:tazz: