Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA Graphic Drivers Update Gone Wrong

• Please log in to reply

_Aviva_

_Aviva_

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was advised to update the drivers for my graphic card by the tech support of an online world I visit.
I have a NVIDIA GeForce G100 graphics card. I went to www.nvidia.com and downloaded and started to install the driver updates for my card. The install never finished, or didn't appear to. A system restore was done to before the time I tried to to the update and that seemed to go well. But now when I try to watch video..say for example a YouTube video, it shows me about the first 15 seconds or so of the video and then the screen goes green. I still hear the audio, but am not getting the visual.
If anyone know what I can do to fix this please let me know.
thanks
_Aviva_

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi _Aviva_,

Please access your Device Manager by clicking on Start > Run

Then copy and paste DEVMGMT.MSC into the box and click OK.

Once inside the Device Manager look for an error that is similar to this --> Posted Image

You may have to expand the Display Adapters by clicking on the + sign to see the error if it is not already expanded.

It should say NVIDIA GeForce.

If found, Right click on that driver and choose properties. It will say if the device is working properly or not.

If an error is found, here is a link for the NVIDIA GeForce 100 Series, Product G100, Vista 32-bit Driver.

If you have a 64-bit system...that is the wrong driver. Let me know before you download/install it.

Thanks!

Donna :)

_Aviva_

_Aviva_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Donna
Thank you for your response :)

I did as you suggested and it shows no error, and looking at the properties indicate that the device is working properly...
I would appreciate anymore advice you may have
:)
_Aviva_

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi _Aviva_

Hmmm. I'm not quite sure what the problem may be then. It may be your Grapics Card itself. Though I'm not sure how to test a Graphics Card without replacing it.

Let's see if one of the other members knows a bit more about this. I'll search for more info. on this and post back if I find something.

Donna :)

_Aviva_

_Aviva_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok...thanks for trying
_Aviva_

Edited by _Aviva_, 01 September 2010 - 11:09 PM.