Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win32/patched.fm and Windows failure

• Please log in to reply

younggeeza

younggeeza

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hi there, first post here. I'm on XP Home and everything was working fine until i contracted a virus. The virus turned up as win32/patched.fm on AVG free but it refused to clean it.

In the end i got fed up of the constant irritations from avg and restarted the computer in safe mode. I ran a scan and it left me with the impression that it'd cleaned it all out.

When i restarted my computer from safe mode however...would get up to just before booting windows and then the computer would simply restart and this would go on and on and on and on.

I cut the cycle and told the computer to stop restarting on fatal error and the message i got was as quoted.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The systenm has been shut down.

Help please :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Insert and Boot from your XP install Disk ( make sure your Install Disk is the same Service Pack as your current OS as installed, SP2 or SP3)
When the Windows Install Screen Came Up, hit Install Windows.
When the Install New or Repair Old came up hit repair.

The process may take a while depending on your computer so be patient.

Hope this will help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
FYI on what Broni said.

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok Broni i'll make a post in the malware section, but i can't even get in to windows and i don't have an XP boot disk of the same version as the service pack i have currently installed.

Thanks.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Create new topic there and state your issue.
Malware guys have tools to access your computer, even if it's not bootable.