Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Stuck at HP Invent Boot Screen

• Please log in to reply

SMEnox

SMEnox

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
My laptop wont work. I have an HP Pavilion DV6500. When I boot, my F8 button wont take me to safe mode. I can't go to restore points (F11) ... no others work either. I've heard of the possibility of a boot sector virus, and that might be what has happened since I don't use realtime virus protection since it slows my computer down. Anyway, lets ignore that fact and pretend it could be anything but that first. I'd like to go through all other possible solutions. If all else fails, I'll just reformat.

http://www.insidemyl...assembly-04.jpg

Thats my exact laptop model, and what it looks like around the CMOS battery. I cannot locate the CMOS jumper or button. I tried taking my CMOS battery out and shorting the pos/neg for a few seconds and putting it back in. No effect. I also tried waiting about 15 minutes. No effect. It just sits there at the boot screen and does nothing. I've tried booting with my AC adapter in and with it out as well. I've tried taking just my Lithium Ion battery out for 24 hours and it started up once, but later that day it screwed up again and wont go past boot. I tried it again (taking battery out) but no luck.

What do you think?

Oh, and also; Is it possible to reformat my laptop using a USB Flash Drive? Like if I loaded an OS onto it, could I plug it in and install?

Advertisements