Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 1067 - for various processes, slow computer, internet disabled,

• Please log in to reply

CompQuestions

CompQuestions

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, I originally posted this problem with no response so far. the problem has gotten worse since my post.

I am not sure what happened to my computer. I was surfing the net,clicked on something, then strange stuff started happening. First I tried to watch a movie and all of a sudden there was no sound. I tried to listed to a song in iTunes and had an error that there is a problem with my computer's audio/video settings configuration and the playback may not work properly. when I go to settings/admin tools/services and try to start windows audio - I get the error "Could not start the windows audio service on local computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly". Plug and play is started and seems to work. I get the same error for a few other services, eg, restore backup.

I tried to do a restore backup, but I consistently get an error that restore backup is not able to protect my computer and I must restart. Restarting does not help.

the start/task bar changed from the XP mode to the windows classic mode with a larger font, items from taskbar dissapeared.

I have AVG as my anti virus and it was clean (only a few cookies that it removed). Malwarebytes and Spybot; anti malware does not open for some reason - both installed but neither would open.

chkdsk.exe (in read only mode) came back clean the first time. the only thing it said "Warning! F parameter not specified" at the very top. the second time it had a message that certain parts of file 25 have been deleted.

also, I used wireless to connect to the internet and now the software I was using is disabled and now the program would not connect to the internet. I am using another computer to post this as I am not able to access the internet from the infected computer I cannot copy and paste things.
I will try to run hjckths from a usb drive and post it but I was hoping someone could help until I am able to do that.

the worse thing is that my computer is much slower all of sudden, it takes a long time to boot up.

any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

PS: I uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes and it still does not open.

Advertisements