Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help? IE 7 is having a FIT and I can't stop it!

• Please log in to reply

Alias775

Alias775

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello all! All evenging my IE 7 has tried to stop me on every single page I enter - even the Social Security Admin!

It blurps and says "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click for options.

About 3 hours ago I quit clicking and just didn't pay any attention to it. It then knocked me clear off my modem ccnnection to the internet!

I had to call my server. She had me reset all the defaults, reset security on IE, reboot and I came back up and it's still doing it!

Does anyone have a clue about this? I'm going to go download Google Crome for the rest of the night until I hear from you guys.

(And broni, if you're around - you've helped me about 2-3 times! You'll finally get something from me this Fri or Sat. Look for it!)

Thanks, Alias 775 :)

Edited by Alias775, 02 September 2010 - 12:26 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
every page you visit is giving you a security certificate error?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If it happens on every single site, I'd be inclined to argue that the system date and time is wrong.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
exactly what i was thinking Neil.

Alias775

Alias775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Yes guys, it's doing it on every single page of any site! I downloaded Google Chrome and it's doing it too.

I've reset the time (it was 5 minutes off), rebooted the computer and it's still doing it!

Help me?

Alias775

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
make sure the date is right as well.

w32tm /resync from the command line will force it to sync to time.microsoft.com or whatever time server you have defined (time.microsoft.com is the default)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also, verify that the time you set the computer to is still the time that it's showing after you reboot. if it's not holding it's time then the CMOS battery might be dead