Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help starting my own forum

• Please log in to reply

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
wel im a soccer fan and we (my friends) want to have our own forum but i dont want to pay for it. like what programs do i need and where can i host my forum??

thanks in advance

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
There is a pretty good free one proboards.com. This is easy to set up. You can view mine for example at: browserboards.proboards40.com .

-Jake

PS: Mine took about 30 Minutes.

Edited by jake6535, 28 May 2005 - 09:30 AM.

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I think you want something to host like vBulletin. click here download the software (free) then download and ftp client, such as smartftp. Next you need a host, for free hosting, and very good hosting if I may add click here? you have to apply for free hosting, but just tell em' your not gonna use your board for illegal stuff and tell them what you told us. They will most likly say you apply, and give you free hosting. Next, wow, PM me, and I will give you some more details, and if you want I can help set it up. Or, if you don't want to host one go to here they offer great IPB boards, that you don't have to host. Downside? Its IPB 1.3!

Edited by Nathan_Benton, 25 May 2005 - 01:24 PM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

then download and ftp client, such as smartftp.

View Post

By the way, if you use Firefox, you can get an extenion called "FireFTP" that is the easiest thing to use.

amunra

amunra

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I use www.getfreeforum.com
you can have unlimited members and threads. You can view my forum at
www.getfreeforum.com/forums/?mforum=timothysforum
username=geekstogoguest
password=guest
thats all you need to get in.
I put this site together in about four hours.

plzhelpmea11

plzhelpmea11

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Go to invisionfree.com. You can quickly register a board and set it up very easily. You can get you board up to scratch in an hour max there since IF 1.3's easy.

Its free i used to use it alot. :tazz:

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
havnt checked those out but bravenet.com has one (with an add at the top and tiny ones on the bottoem)

:tazz: soccer fan? ;)

ShogunWarrior

ShogunWarrior

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'd have to recommend invisonfree. Invision boards are the most common and are very easy to use. I am a member of 6 forums and I moderate 2 and all of them are invision boards.

-SW