Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with my laptop please

• Please log in to reply

sapphire_407

sapphire_407

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I left my laptop on my bed and walked out of the room for about 15 minutes. When I came back I had a message the computer was shutting down. It overheated and now it will boot up however the screen is black. Can anyone tell me what damage was caused and how can I repair it? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi sapphire_407 , Welcome to geekstogo. Try unplugging laptop and removing
battery then hold down the power button for about 20 to 30 seconds, then put battery
back in and plug it back up and see if that works.

I hope that works for you.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight, 02 September 2010 - 11:53 AM.

sapphire_407

sapphire_407

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help but that didn't work. As I mentioned before, the laptop boots up and all the lights on the keyboard work, however the screen is still black. Any other suggestions?

Ishi

Ishi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I think you might have encountered the infamous 'black screen of death'. Try Crl+Alt+Del, open task manager, choose the application tab, new task and type in explorer.exe and press enter. Hope this helped :)

L33T

L33T

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This sounds a lot like my problem, I thought I fixed it a few times but, no, I can't even get to the log on screen. It let's me start on safe mode though,still can't figure it out, please help :)

Edited by L33T, 04 September 2010 - 08:03 AM.