Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop to TV connection.

• Please log in to reply

pfdunlop

pfdunlop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with this.
I have an Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop that has a VGA and an HDMI connector and obviously a headphone jack. I would like to connect this to my Sony CRT TV. My TV doesn't have an HDMI connector or VGA, but has S-video, a few SCART sockets and composite sockets. I stupidly bought a S-vid to S-vid cable thinking my laptop would have this connection but it doesn't, and also a headphone to composite cable which does work fine. Is there any way I can cheaply convert the S-video to VGA or HDMI at one end so I've not wasted money on the cable.
Cheers
Paul

Edited by pfdunlop, 02 September 2010 - 12:09 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
definitely no on the svideo to hdmi (one's analog and one's digital, they'll never talk) and almost probably no on svideo to VGA, you might be able to find a pinout diagram online that you MIGHT be able to work into a custom cable, but i'm going to doubt it.

something like this might work http://www.ramelectr...rodGPV2000.html but i've got no proof that it would