Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Parental Question

• Please log in to reply

JustinAN7

JustinAN7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i have 3 kids and we use the same computer with XP pro. We all have our own log on names. Sometimes my kids will wake up in the middle of the night and play some games or something. How would i monitor hteir logons? THX in adavnce.

Advertisements

AsusLover

AsusLover

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
There are some spy programs out there that record every keystroke made, every online conversation, every website visited and every program activated. Some you can even set to start recording at certain times of the night/day. Just search google for some and you should be able to try some free trials. I hope this is what you were looking for and good luck with those three kids.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If all you want to do is monitor logons, you can do that using local group policy---it will tell you logon and logoff times.

start > run, type
gpedit.msc
<enter>

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Local Policies > Audit Policy

Double click AUDIT LOGON EVENTS, set SUCCESS and FAILURE.

Now, Reboot and logon on as you

Right Click MY COMPUTER, choose MANAGE, check EVENT MANAGER, SECURITY...you will see times and user logons.

JustinAN7

JustinAN7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks alot

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
your welcome...