Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU: Intel or AMD

• Please log in to reply

pspuser007

pspuser007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello all,

I am going to buy a new pc and I was thinking about buying an Intel i7 core..but I was informed that AMD released a 6core cpu the "Phenom II X6 1090T"..
The last one is very cheap compared to a powerful i7.
I always used Intel with nVidia...Now my GPU is gtx280..

I am interested in playing games (highest settings for graphics), and not converting videos that much..
The only reason I am considering buying AMD is that is "very" recommended by a lot people because of its price..
I prefer an intel cpu..although it might be expensive..

Which one should I choose (which is better for my needs// hi-end pc is what I want!)? Intel or AMD?

Thank you for your time!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Intel will have the performance edge... but you'll probably find you'll pay a premium for it. Hit up Tom's Hardware CPU charts for more info. :)

adanniels

adanniels

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have run both Intels and AMD's in different parts of my life and I don't see much difference in the two besides Intel is more costly. Right Now I am running a AMD Phenom ii x4 955 black edition and I love it.

pspuser007

pspuser007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you my friend!
I checked the site you told me, and took under consideration what you told and honestly buying an i7 is what exactly I want to do.. :)
I am thinking about this one INTEL CORE I7-950

PS:
Congratulations about your baby girl :)

adanniels

adanniels

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Yes congratulations troy.

I have always heard good things about that processor, but it was to expensive for me.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah money... I could do with more of it myself. :)

But if it's what you want and you have the budget for it, go for it mate. Let us know how it goes for you. :)

adanniels

adanniels

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
definitly, like troy said, if you can afford it...go for it