Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen while playing games

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're making it difficult, aren't you?.....just kidding :)

Try this....
Open computer case, get a house fan, point it toward the open case, try to play some game.

Advertisements

Aaron

Aaron

Expert

• Expert
  • 3,155 posts
Hi

I hope I can help you a bit too, probably not as good as Broni though :) but I'm also a gamer, I have a GTX 275 and play Starcraft too.

To me those GPU temps from post 3 look a bit high, probably they still go higher.

But it's strange to think your videocard is overheating because yours is better then mine, yours should be cooler, I play all games at high and the fan is only at 40 %. So maybe your airflow is really, really bad since you had the fan at 100%. But I actually don't think your airflow is bad because other temps are good.

So I think it could be malfunctioning too, especially because of that photo in post 5. You could try to use only one monitor. Did you update DirectX? How log do you have your computer? How long do you have these problems?

Tronnic

Tronnic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
The computer is almost 2 years old. But I've got a new processor, new Ram. And the graphiccard isnt that old to, its the third one already. The 2 other before were broken. I got them new for free by sending the broken one to the store I bought it from.

I have this problem since I reinstalled my computer. I had registry errors before the reinstall and that caused bluescreens because of registry errors. Now I dont have that errors anymore, but now I have that thing with the graphiccard. (sry for my bad english :) )

I realy have no idea what problems my comp have.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

And the graphiccard isnt that old to, its the third one already. The 2 other before were broken. I got them new for free by sending the broken one to the store I bought it from.

Same brand and model?

Tronnic

Tronnic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
No, my first card was a ATI card, then a Nvidia GTX 280 and then a GTX285.

Edited by Tronnic, 06 September 2010 - 03:41 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you?

Try this....
Open computer case, get a house fan, point it toward the open case, try to play some game.