Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desperately in need of help! (2 problems!)

• Please log in to reply

SamGascoyne

SamGascoyne

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello, this morning out of nowhere my laptop made a beeping and froze, completely whilst browsing the internet as i normally do. I had no choice but to swtich off the laptop via the on/off button instead of shutdown as it did not unfreeze, when i turned the laptop back on i had a virus which was basically a fake virus scanner up that refused to be closed and came up telling me i had virus's (I ignored it and attempted to close it) anyway, i tried this and ran a virus scan and got rid of some things and restarted the laptop, this time i had a message telling me to activate Windows as An unauthorized change was made to windows. Now this wouldnt be a problem, but the Product Code is on the bottom of the laptop and it has faded away over time and i have no other Product Key bar that one, so i have no way whatsoever to authorize! Other than this problem when i try to get onto the internet to find a solution to all this i am greeted with 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' 'What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems' and that is it, the rest of the browser is white. I have a full internet connection, and one of my programs says that i have a stable connection, and when i go to something like facebook i have the little blue f at the start of the url, but no internet webpage!

What on earth can i do?! I'm running another full virus scan now but as for the activation i dont know! I read theres programs that get get Product keys back that are encrypted within files? But until i can use the internet thats useless!?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder: http://www.magicalje....com/keyfinder/ on working computer.
Use USB flash drive to move it to bad computer and retrieve your key.