Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't boot up after attempt upgrade GPU

• Please log in to reply

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yesterday I installed a new power supply in my computer and it worked well. Soon after I tried to change my Radeon 4350 for a 5770.
What I did was use driver sweeper to clear out the drivers for the 4350 before turning off the computer. There's a wifi card (at least I think it's a wifi card) in a PCI slot which I had to move to fit the card. After plugging it in, the computer would black out after the post with diagonal lines going across the top 1/6 of the screen (or just with a few pixels in a line).

I swapped out the card with the old one and the problem persisted, then took it out. The problem was still there.
So then I disconnected the hard drive and optical drive to isolate the problem and it seems that the hard drive is the problem. I couldn't access the bios or enter safe mode or any thing else while the hard drive was connected.

Advertisements

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No replies? Ah well. Fixed, all I had to do was reset my BIOS.