Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Happy Father's Day 2010

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi everybody,

Well the day is just winding down here (just after 11pm right now) and it is Father's Day. Just wanted to wish all the other dad's out there a great day and I hope you get to spend some quality time with your children.

I got a custom-made painting complete with red handprints on it, it is very awesome and I am very proud of it. Apparently it was quite the effort to get the third handprint on there as she was only 4 days old when it was being made. Very cute.

We went to my grandparents place for afternoon tea and then to my parents place for dinner. It was overall a very busy but wonderful day.

Post what you did/got.

Cheers

Troy

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hmmmm,Troy! I still remember your post about "pending fatherhood" back in july 2007,
when we all went through labour together with Ruth and you! When Reuben was born on the 30/08,we all shared your happiness!
NOW WHY ON EARTH did you keep the second one a secret!? You're just lucky, that
fran is not around to blast your head off :)
But never mind,congrat's are in order and I hope both Ruth and the baby are fine :)

Cheers
zorba

Edited by zorba the geek, 05 September 2010 - 07:52 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You obviously haven't been around much! And yes, I still miss Fran :)

All I can say is man, life got sort of busy around there. At the moment we are actually outnumbered around here.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

You obviously haven't been around much! And yes, I still miss Fran :)

All I can say is man, life got sort of busy around there. At the moment we are actually outnumbered around here.

Apparently it was quite the effort to get the third handprint on

Oh boy,have I realy been around that little???? 3 kid's,and I missed all the fuss?
Shame on me :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Plus most everything is in the staff forums now. More incentive to give yourself headaches in GeekU :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
glad you had a good one Troy, three kids are a handful. Over here we had our fathers day back on June 20th.... :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oi you guys are a bit early then eh? :)

HomelessDuckie

HomelessDuckie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im glad you had a great fathers day. I hope that you got a day off to relax and enjoy yourself.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Indeed it was anything but. With three youngsters we were busy all day... Cooking, cleaning, nappies, toilet runs, with playing and reading books in between.

So yeah it was a great day but nothing relaxing about it! Maybe in a few years...

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Indeed it was anything but. With three youngsters we were busy all day... Cooking, cleaning, nappies, toilet runs, with playing and reading books in between.

So yeah it was a great day but nothing relaxing about it! Maybe in a few years...

:) Wishfull thinking :)