Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LCD monitor keeps going to sleep-New system

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Hi there I am building my own comp.from scratch (everything new. When I put in the OS CD (Win 7) it would start to load and the the monitor would go to sleep. I tried to different monitors, two different video cards, two different HD's, and re slotted the cables. Would this be a defective Mobo. Any ideas of how to resolve this? Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi clixto,

It does sound like a possible mobo defect, especially with the testing you have done. If you can confirm that the wiring is correct, i.e. power supply cabling to CPU, Motherboard, and graphics card, and also things like CPU fan plugged into the motherboard, then I would swap the motherboard and test.

Cheers

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Hi Troy, thanks for getting back to me. I'll return the MB for another one and cross my fingers. I'll post sometime after THurs. BTW congrats on ur new addition to your family