Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP / Server 2003 Desktop Redirect Nightmare

• Please log in to reply

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi All

I have a bit of a nightmare here on our church network.

OK here goes.

We have a Server 2003 STD Edition box configured as a PDC with AD, DHCP, DNS, File, Print etc and all seems to work well.

Now I have the client machines (XP Pro) My Documents and Application data redirecting via Group Policy to folders on the server and these seem to work OK.

However for some reason the Desktop folder is redirecting as well and I don't want this to happen. The reason for this is that we play large video files onto projectors from a single XP machine desktop. But as the desktop is redirecting back to the server, the video files are struggling.

I need the desktops to NOT redirect to the server (or even the desktop of the machine we play the files from) but I cannot see where this Desktop redirect is coming from.

Any ideas / help would be great!

Regards

Advertisements