Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oh GEEZ! I shoulda paid attn to the Disclaimer!

• Please log in to reply

Alias775

Alias775

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi Guys! I really messed up bad today! It's too long a story to tell, but I was stopped from using the Website Designer I was using and ALL my pages had .ALB and .BAK extensions. I only had about 4 pages backed up. I spent a whole week getting the index page and sales page absolutely eye catching hypnotizing perfect for a very large website I'm building.

So I went everywhere in search of a way to get them opened. I found this site:
http://www.knowledge...e-with-notepad/ It had a disclaimer and said it had only been tested and proven on XP. So, I thought I was ok since I'm on XP. I downloaded this: default_notepad_opener.zip

It worked wonders and opened all those pages for me and I was thrilled to have saved them!

BUT, now I see that it changed my Right Clicking on RTFs and JPGs terrible!
I've taken screenshots so you can see what I'm getting. One is when I right click on an RTF, one is when I right click on a JPG and the last is the one I get when I right click and unknown extension like .ALB.

Now, I don't have a choice of opening with WordPad, and I can't chose whether to open a JPG with Irfanview, Paint.net, etc. No choices now! Only the option at the top is there.

Is there some way to delete this thing and change things back? Oh please help!

I depend on WordPad and Irfanview every day! Now I have to go at it backwards to open things.

So sorry to give you guys such a head ache! I should have paid attention to the dislaimer because he was just building it. Again, it works great Right Clicking on any unknown extension, but it changed my other Right Clicks also!

I've attached all three screenshots if you want to look and see what I ended up with. I titled each so you'll know what they are.Right Clicking ALB.jpg Right Clicking JPG.jpg Right Clicking  RTF.jpg

Alias775 :)

Edited by Alias775, 05 September 2010 - 06:44 PM.

Advertisements

Alias775

Alias775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
oops! didn't mean to hit reply! Alias775