Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OneNote 2007 not working-please help!

• Please log in to reply

Liv Scott

Liv Scott

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Okay, so I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron 1464, and when my parents installed Microsoft Office 2007, it worked perfectly. But I tried to move it from the OS C:/ to the D:/ to try to make space on the C:/, and now OneNote is completely blank-not even the tutorial Notebooks are there. Can someone help me fix my stupid mistake? I've tried re-installing Office 2007 and that hasn't fixed it...

Advertisements

Pcs365

Pcs365

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi

Possible causes: Because of the location changed from drive 'C' to drive 'D'.

Windows Office 2007 has a new feature (which replaces detect and repair) which allows you to diagnose and repair problems when they occur in your daily tasks. The diagnostic utility will check the Windows system event log, hard drive, memory, application compatibility, updated service packs, and Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) if your hard drive supports it. I know it sounds like a lot, but let me show you how easy this is to run.

Start \ Programs \ Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools \ Microsoft Office Diagnostics
Posted Image

The Microsoft Office Diagnostics splash screen will open. Click Continue.
Posted Image

Next you are presented with the Start Diagnostics Screen showing you what is going to be checked and the status of each diagnostic. When you are ready click Run Diagnostics.
Posted Image

While the Diagnostics run you will see the status bars as each tests completes. When it’s complete hit Continue.
Posted Image

You will get a limited detail of what was fixed. In this example all 5 diagnostic tests ran and one problem was identified and fixed. If you ok with that just close out and you are done. If you want to get additional information click on “Detailed results”.
Posted Image

When you look close at the detailed information in this example you can see there was a problem with the installation and this tool automatically fixed it.
Posted Image

Unfortunately for an administrator or power user this utility “as is” does not display specific results (you need to do more digging ). However when you are in a hurry and need your applications up and running to finish your work Microsoft Office Diagnostics works great!
Posted Image

Refer: http://www.howtogeek...ft-office-2007/

Regards,
Yateesh.

Pcs365

Pcs365

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
How to install individual 2007 Office features

Typically, when you first try to use a feature that is not installed, the 2007 Office program installs the feature automatically. If the feature that you want is not automatically installed, follow these steps:
1.Exit all programs.

2.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

If you are running Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7, do the following:

a.Click Programs, and then click Uninstall a Program.

b.Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change. In this item, Edition is a placeholder for the edition of Office that you installed.

Note In Classic view on Windows Vista or in Icon View on Windows 7, double-click Programs and Features, click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change.

How to repair problems in the installed 2007 Office programs and features

You can use either of the following methods to detect and to repair problems that are associated with installed Microsoft Office programs and features, such as registry settings and missing installation files. You cannot use these methods to repair personal files.

Method 1: Run Office Diagnostics from a 2007 Office program

1.Start the Office Diagnostics tool. To do this, use either of the following methods:

a.For a menu-based 2007 Office program, click Office Diagnostics on the Help menu.

b.For a ribbon-based 2007 Office program, follow these steps:

a.Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Program Options.

Note In this option, Program represents the name of the program.

b.In the Navigation Pane, click Resources.

c.Click Diagnose.

2.Click Continue.

3.Click Start Diagnostics.

If the Office Diagnostics tool identifies a problem, it tries to fix the problem.

4.When the Office Diagnostics tool finishes, click Close.

Method 2: Run the Detect and Repair tool from Add or Remove Programs

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.If you are running Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7, do the following:

a.Click Programs, and then click Uninstall a Program.

b.Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change.

c.Click Repair, and then click Continue.

Note In Classic view on Windows Vista or in Icon View on Windows 7, double-click Programs and Features. Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change. Click Repair, and then click Continue.

If you are running Microsoft Windows XP, do the following:

a.Click Add or Remove Programs.

b.Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change.

c.Click Repair, and then click Continue.

Note: In Classic view, double-click Add or Remove Programs, click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 you want to change, and then click Change. Click Repair, and then click Continue.

Found this info at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

Liv Scott

Liv Scott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thank you so much!! :D Its fixed!