Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

windows system 32 cofig\sys missing or corrupt

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The problem with my Dell Inpiron 531 is it starts up and shuts off on its own with the following message. "windows/system32/config/system file is missing or corrupt. You can attempt to repair this file be starting windows setup using origional setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair." I never get the first screen. I've tried booting up in safe mode, and from what I think is the right cd but I just get the same message. Before this happened I would find the computer off when I know I left it on. The only other thing I know is we had a power outage about 3 weeks ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's been down for 4 days and I don't know what to do. Thanks