Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screwed up registry?

• Please log in to reply

mrsoler

mrsoler

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi all,
Had been getting an occasional blue screen and auto re-boot for a couple of weeks after loading BONIC (runs SETI or Project Einstein during idle time). BONIC never worked, I just thought I hadn't configured it properly. Well, I tried to run my Medal of Honor in multi player mode for the first time, crashed, re-booted, tried to run it again, but upon this reboot I got:

\Windows\sys32\Config\sustem is missing or corrupt
Yadda yadda reboot off the XP disk and press r to repair sort of thing.....

So, found my XP disk and it loads its files, then gets stuck on:
'Advansys 3550 ultrawide SCSI host adapter" and goes to a blue screen saying:

"File mraid35x.sys is missing or corrupted. Press any key to restart" and the viscious circle continues.

This is a system I assembled, an 80mb drive and a 250mb drive. OS is on the 80 so I disconnected it leaving the 250 conencted via SATA. re-started and it went right to the XP disk, but halted at the same point. Can't even get to a DOS prompt. :)

Ideas?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
In October 2009 when you posted you had used a registry cleaner
Have you used one again please.
If so please see My Link on my signature, click the link.
Before we proceed it is vital that you tell me if you have used a registry cleaning program of any sort.

mrsoler

mrsoler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Shamefully, yes. I had been using one for a while, I do believe going back to that date. Which one it is, I have not committed to memory, but it was a suite of virus scan, start-up manager, disk cleaner, and virus scan. It had 5 stars and good references.......When I started getting blue screens I ran it a couple of times.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
It is no help now but please do read the clickable link My Link on my signature notes, it may just convince you not to do so again.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Reconnect the 80 Gb, I presume you mean Gb and not Megabyte. Without the HDD carrying the operating system you cannot load the recovery console.
If it will still not load with the 250Gb drive connected as well, then disconnect that one.
Enter BIOS to check that the RAID is not enabled.
Now change boot priority to boot from CD and follow link to enter Recovery Console
http://pcsupport.abo.../rconsole_6.htm

Edited by Macboatmaster, 07 September 2010 - 03:09 PM.