Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inspiron 6000 w/ XP RUNDLL Errors

• Please log in to reply

sbrnsouth

sbrnsouth

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 running Windows XP Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. Processor 1.7 Ghz 593 MHz, 1.00GB of Ram. It will not connect to the internet, even though it indicates that it's connected to my home network with an excellent connection. I have tried IE 8, Firefox, and Google Chrome, but always get the "webpage can't be displayed" error in each of them.

When the system boots up, there are three error boxes that pop up on the display. One says "Error loading c:\windows\system32\vimuvayo.dll The specific module could not be found" The second says the same thing expect it's suwuwari.dll and the third is the same except it's lekaribu.dll

Everything else seems to be ok, I can run any of the programs etc, and the computer does boot up, just no internet. I know it's not my network, because there are 2 other laptops in the house that are working fine on it.

I don't know if it's necessary, or will help at all, but I've attached a picture of the screen after I booted it up.
Also, the battery has gone dead, and I have a new one on order, so I don't know if that could possibly be part of the problem.? I have the pc plugged in for now until the new battery arrives.

I thought I might need to buy a new hard drive, or some other hardware, but wanted to check here first. I am not very technically savy, so would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01299.JPG

Edited by sbrnsouth, 06 September 2010 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi sbrnsouth,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

Those random files do not exist in my world and could be a strong indication of infection.

I'm going to redirect you to our Security forum. Please click on this link here and read the page thoroughly before you follow through with the instructions.

If you are unable to connect to the internet, please start your thread by clicking on Start New Topic in this link here and link back to this thread.

If you need further guidance, please don't hesitate to ask!

Good Luck!

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 06 September 2010 - 05:37 PM.

sbrnsouth

sbrnsouth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for your reply Donna, and for pointing me in the right direction! :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
You're welcome sbrnsouth! :)