Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp Search

• Please log in to reply

_Wired_

_Wired_

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys.. does anyone know how to edit or customize your windows xp search? im making a restriction on our pc... i need to remove/hide the search of "computer or people" in window search. i need to prevent searching of computers in our network.. since we have no domain.. this is the only way that i know to put a security in our network

thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you know the name of the computer you want to access, there's noting to stop you typing it into the Run box or any address bar from any part of Windows that's on that network.
The fact you're not on a domain is irrelevant.
What exactly are you trying to do with "put a security in our network"?

_Wired_

_Wired_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the reply

If you know the name of the computer you want to access, there's noting to stop you typing it into the Run box or any address bar from any part of Windows that's on that network.
The fact you're not on a domain is irrelevant.
What exactly are you trying to do with "put a security in our network"?

i already manage the function of run.. so there's is no possibility to use any address bar... the only loop hole that i see is using this window search..

im trying to prevent searching of computers..

Edited by _Wired_, 08 September 2010 - 09:37 PM.