Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer freeze

• Please log in to reply

darko2021

darko2021

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have an alienware computer that is starting to show it's age. I recently reinstalled windows xp due to the computer freezing and sometimes crashing. I thought everything has been going really well until about an hour ago when the computer froze while running spybot s+d. I rebooted and tried to run it again and again it froze. Now I am thinking it is hardware related. The only component I have messed with has been the processor (took it out and put new thermal past on) otherwise I have just cleaned the inside with compressed air. do you think it's my processor? Here are my specs:
Amd 4000+ processor, 460w psu, 2 gigs of RAM, 160 gig sata hd. The only thing I am worried about is that I buy a new processor and install it only to find that it freezes up on me again. Could it be my psu,mobo or RAM that is causing the issue? I am running speed fan and it tells me cpu-51c,sys-29c,pwm-49c,core-63c,the cpu is also running at 3420 rpm, all under low load. there is also some info about voltage etc... but I don't really understand what this means or if it would be helpful. To me the info seems to again point to the processor running hot but I don't know. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post a screenshot of speedfan reading please.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Here is the report. I can't seem to figure out how to take a screenshot though. Tried prtscn,with alt and ctl as well:(

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer JE-869D96901
Generator Jon
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2010-09-07
Time 05:02

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name JERRY-869D96901
User Name Jon

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2451 MHz (12 x 204)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer
System Memory 2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (12/13/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350)
Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX [19" LCD] (53101768YA)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST380817 AS SCSI Disk Device (80 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Disk Drive HDS72251 6VLSA80 SCSI Disk Device (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 76308 MB (65136 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 157057 MB (55548 MB free)
Total Size 227.9 GB (117.9 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster (192.168.1.7)
Network Adapter VIA Networking Velocity Family Giga-bit Ethernet Adapter

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
ok

Edited by darko2021, 07 September 2010 - 08:33 AM.

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
It won't let me attach the file because it is over 1mb also how do i post the snapshot?

Edited by darko2021, 07 September 2010 - 08:34 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What won't attach the screenshot or the autoruns report?
Did you save screenshot as a JPEG file?

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Sorry, I figured it out. Here is also the text version of autoruns

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "AVG9_TRAY" "AVG Tray Monitor" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgtray.exe"
+ "iTunesHelper" "iTunesHelper" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\itunes\ituneshelper.exe"
+ "QuickTime Task" "QuickTime Task" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe"
+ "SoundMan" "Realtek Sound Manager" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\soundman.exe"
+ "StartCCC" "Catalyst® Control Center Launcher" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\clistart.exe"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "Google Update" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\documents and settings\jon\local settings\application data\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "Skype" "Skype " "Skype Technologies S.A." "c:\program files\skype\phone\skype.exe"
+ "SpybotSD TeaTimer" "System settings protector" "Safer-Networking Ltd." "c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" ""
+ "linkscanner" "Safe Search pluggable protocol" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgpp.dll"
+ "skype-ie-addon-data" "Skype add-on for IE" "Skype Technologies S.A." "c:\program files\skype\toolbars\internet explorer\skypeieplugin.dll"
+ "skype4com" "Skype for COM API" "Skype Technologies" "c:\program files\common files\skype\skype4com.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Address Book 6" "Outlook Express Setup Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe"
+ "Microsoft Outlook Express 6" "Outlook Express Setup Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "AVG9 Shell Extension" "AVG Shell Extension" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgse.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "AVG9 Shell Extension" "AVG Shell Extension" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgse.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "ACE" "AMD Desktop Control Panel" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacmxx.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved" "" "" ""
+ "AVG Shell Extension" "AVG Shell Extension" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgse.dll"
+ "Catalyst Context Menu extension" "AMD Desktop Control Panel" "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacmxx.dll"
+ "For &People..." "Find People" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\wabfind.dll"
+ "HyperTerminal Icon Ext" "HyperTerminal Applet Library" "Hilgraeve, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\hticons.dll"
+ "iTunes" "iTunes Mini Player DLL" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\itunes\itunesminiplayer.dll"
+ "Microsoft Data Link" "Microsoft Data Access - OLE DB Core Services" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "AcroIEHlprObj Class" "AcroIEHelper Module" "" "c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\reader\activex\acroiehelper.ocx"
+ "AVG Safe Search" "Safe Search for Internet Explorer" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgssie.dll"
+ "Skype add-on for Internet Explorer" "Skype add-on for IE" "Skype Technologies S.A." "c:\program files\skype\toolbars\internet explorer\skypeieplugin.dll"
+ "Spybot-S&D IE Protection" "SBSD IE Protection" "Safer Networking Limited" "c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\sdhelper.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
+ "Windows Messenger" "Windows Messenger" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "AppleSoftwareUpdate.job" "Apple Software Update" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe"
+ "GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-299502267-1060284298-725345543-1004Core.job" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\documents and settings\jon\local settings\application data\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-299502267-1060284298-725345543-1004UA.job" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\documents and settings\jon\local settings\application data\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "Apple Mobile Device" "Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices." "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\applemobiledeviceservice.exe"
+ "Ati HotKey Poller" "ATI External Event Utility EXE Module" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.exe"
+ "ATI Smart" "ATI Smart" "" "c:\windows\system32\ati2sgag.exe"
+ "avg9emc" "AVG E-Mail Scanner" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgemc.exe"
+ "avg9wd" "AVG Watchdog Service" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\program files\avg\avg9\avgwdsvc.exe"
+ "Bonjour Service" "Enables hardware devices and software services to automatically configure themselves on the network and advertise their presence." "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsresponder.exe"
+ "iPod Service" "iPod hardware management services" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\ipod\bin\ipodservice.exe"
+ "WMPNetworkSvc" "Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnetwk.exe"
+ "WUSB54GSv2SVC" "WLService" "GEMTEKS" "c:\program files\linksys wireless-g usb wireless network monitor\wlservice.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "AegisP" "AEGIS Protocol (IEEE 802.1x) v3.2.0.3" "Meetinghouse Data Communications" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aegisp.sys"
+ "ALCXWDM" "Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver (WDM)" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\alcxwdm.sys"
+ "AmdPPM" "AMD Processor Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys"
+ "ati2mtag" "ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys"
+ "AvgLdx86" "AVG AVI Loader Driver" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgldx86.sys"
+ "AvgMfx86" "AVG Resident Shield Minifilter Driver" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys"
+ "AvgTdiX" "AVG Network connection watcher" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgtdix.sys"
+ "GEARAspiWDM" "CD DVD Filter" "GEAR Software Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\gearaspiwdm.sys"
+ "GETNDIS" "NDIS 5.0 miniport driver" "VIA Networking Technologies, Inc. " "c:\windows\system32\drivers\getnd5b.sys"
+ "giveio" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\giveio.sys"
+ "GTNDIS5" "PCAUSA NDIS 5.0 Protocol Driver" "Printing Communications Assoc., Inc. (PCAUSA)" "c:\windows\system32\gtndis5.sys"
+ "pbfilter" "" "" "c:\program files\peerblock\pbfilter.sys"
+ "Ptilink" "Direct Parallel Link Driver" "Parallel Technologies, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ptilink.sys"
+ "Secdrv" "SafeDisc driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys"
+ "speedfan" "SpeedFan Device Driver" "Windows ® 2000 DDK provider" "c:\windows\system32\speedfan.sys"
+ "viasraid" "VIA SATA RAID DRIVER FOR WINXP" "VIA Technologies inc,.ltd" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\viasraid.sys"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.iac2" "Indeo® audio software" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\iac25_32.ax"
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm"
+ "msacm.sl_anet" "Audio codec for MS ACM" "Sipro Lab Telecom Inc." "c:\windows\system32\sl_anet.acm"
+ "msacm.trspch" "DSP Group TrueSpeech™ Audio Codec for MSACM V3.50" "DSP GROUP, INC." "c:\windows\system32\tssoft32.acm"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\system32\iccvid.dll"
+ "vidc.iv31" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\ir32_32.dll"
+ "vidc.iv32" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\ir32_32.dll"
+ "vidc.iv41" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
+ "vidc.iv50" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Filter" "" "" ""
+ "Indeo® video 4.4 Compression Filter" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
+ "Indeo® video 4.4 Decompression Filter" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "9x8Resize" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "ACELP.net Audio Decoder" "ACELP.net Audio Decoder" "Sipro Lab Telecom Inc." "c:\windows\system32\acelpdec.ax"
+ "Allocator Fix" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Bitmap" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Frame Eater" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Indeo® audio software" "Indeo® audio software" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\iac25_32.ax"
+ "Indeo® video 5.10 Compression Filter" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
+ "Indeo® video 5.10 Decompression Filter" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
+ "MMACE Deinterlace" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MMACE ProcAmp" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MMACE SoftEmu" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
+ "MPEG Layer-3 Decoder" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codecx.ax"
+ "Record Queue" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "ShotDetect" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Stetch" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WIA Stream Snapshot Filter" "WIA Stream Snapshot Filter" "MyCompanyName" "c:\windows\system32\wiasf.ax"
+ "WM VIH2 Fix" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Audio Analyzer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Black Frame Generator" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT DirectX Transform Wrapper" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT DV Extract Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT FormatConversion" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Import Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Interlacer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Log Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT MuxDeMux Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Sample Info Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Screen capture Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Switch Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Renderer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Source" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Volume" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify" "" "" ""
+ "AtiExtEvent" "ATI External Event Utility DLL Module" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.dll"
+ "avgrsstarter" "AVG Resident Shield Starter" "AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o." "c:\windows\system32\avgrsstx.dll"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""
+ "mdnsNSP" "Bonjour Namespace Provider" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll"

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled88.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm I see something I need to check further.
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
how do i select "tool" I don't see that option. All I see is a list of hd manufacturers. Which one do I select? I'm not sure what brand my hd is.

Advertisements

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
ok I have a Hitachi brand hd. I downloaded the drive fitness test and wrote it to cd as an image using image burner. Now when I open the disk it shows me a few files. I thought an image file would start up. Still trying to figure out what to do.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Once you burn it as a image file then with the cd in the drive you reboot. The cd if burned correctly will boot the system.
If it doesn't you may have to set the bios so that the cdrom is the first boot device.

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok, So I booted up the fitness test for the HD last night and although I found it a little confusing I was able to run a quick fitness test on the hd. It said process completed successfully and gave me a code 0X00. Then I went to do an advanced scan of my second drive and about half way into it the computer shut down. Again, it seems that this happens when ever I put the computer to task the processor. I also noticed when watching a movie the processor temp goes way up into the 90c's which to me seems way to hot. Was anything else from the scans pointing to something with the hd?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No the SMART test showed a error in your last screenshot and that is what I wanted to check.
Lets take a look at the Event Viewer and see if it shows any indication of the problem.
  • Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 6 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.

• Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
hare are the two reports

'Application' Log - error Type
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 06/09/2010 9:27:14 AM
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 100 Source: Bonjour Service
252: ERROR: read_msg errno 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 06/09/2010 8:29:46 AM
Event: 1103 Source: .NET Runtime Optimization Service
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:32:49 PM
Event: 0 Source: .NET Runtime
The event description cannot be found.

'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 8:01:37 PM
Event: 10005 Source: DCOM
DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:38:03 PM
DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "" in order to run the server: {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:34:39 PM
Event: 7031 Source: Service Control Manager
The COM+ System Application service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:12:12 PM
Event: 59 Source: SideBySide
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc\CCC\UCI_ext.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. .

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. .

Event: 32 Source: SideBySide
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

'Application' Log - error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 06/09/2010 9:27:14 AM
Event: 100 Source: Bonjour Service
252: ERROR: read_msg errno 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 06/09/2010 8:29:46 AM
Event: 1103 Source: .NET Runtime Optimization Service
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:32:38 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:32:37 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:32:36 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:32:11 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:31:20 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:31:19 PM

'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 8:01:37 PM
DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:38:03 PM
DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "" in order to run the server: {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:34:39 PM
Event: 7031 Source: Service Control Manager
The COM+ System Application service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc\CCC\UCI_ext.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. .

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. .

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Graphics-Previews-Common\Ticker.ax. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. .

Event: 58 Source: SideBySide
Syntax error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Graphics-Previews-Common\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST" on line 4.

Event: 34 Source: SideBySide
Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:12:11 PM
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI3D9.tmp. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. .

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:11:53 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:11:48 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/09/2010 7:09:56 PM
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Documents and Settings\Jon\Local Settings\Temp\{43801800-cfee-11d2-a41b-006097b55ad3}\RegPermWriter.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully. .

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 06/09/2010 1:35:50 AM
Event: 14103 Source: PSched
QoS [Adapter {A92AE858-15B1-4351-AB6B-A3C43ED6AFB1}]: The netcard driver failed the query for OID_GEN_LINK_SPEED.