Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application cannot be executed?

• Please log in to reply

johnkevinbebo

johnkevinbebo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys! Ive done a lot of researching on this virus but nothing seems to COMPLETELY get rid of it, it keeps coming back! First, Adobe stops working, then it comes up and says my computer is infected and Anti-Virus Pro comes up, which Ive read is an anti-virus rogue. When it does this, I cannot run ANY .exe programs except internet explorer and google chrome. When I try to open something it says, "The Application cannot be executed. ____.exe is infected." . What can I do?! :) :)

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Try booting into Safe mode with Networking. (Reboot and when you see the maker's logo, hear a beep or it tells you to press F8 to enter Safe Mode, start slowly tapping the F8 key. Keep tapping until you see the Safe Mode Menu then choose the Safe Mode with Networking option and log in as Administrator (normally no password).

Once there, try and download, install , and run MBAM per the instructions on this page:

http://www.bleepingc...ivirus-pro-2010

If that helps then

Do as much of

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

as you can. If a step won't work, skip to the next one. Copy and paste your gmer, mbam, otl, & extras logs into a reply. Do not attach them.

If you lose internet access after running MBAM or if you are not able to get to the downloads:

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, then uncheck all boxes and OK. Close IE and restart IE.

In FireFox, Tools, Options, Advanced, Settings, check No Proxy then OK. Close Firefox and restart Firefox.

In Chrome, Wrench, Options, Under the Hood, Change Proxy Settings, uncheck all boxes, OK.

Ron