Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

StarCraft 2 Installation Error Code 5

• Please log in to reply

Rakc

Rakc

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys, Rakc here today with an error involving the installation of Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty.
I just bought this game today and got home to install it, hoping to be able to play it. But while installing the game, at 51%, an error box popped up saying:

"The installer was unable to read the file "Repack-MPQ\fileset.enUS#Campaigns#Liberty.SC2Campaign#enU S.SC2Assets\Assets\Textures\cinematic_bettermarine .ogv". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at E:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 5.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute)"

At the bottom of the installer says "Cleaning up..."
I can see that the statement above says it could be a scratched or dirty CD, but come on, I just bought the game today.

Here is a picture:

Posted Image

Thank you,
Rakc

Advertisements