Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Usb plugged in during boot causes a Ntoskrln.exe error

• Please log in to reply

wdustin1

wdustin1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so i have been trying to fix my computer and i have done everything i know and i got it narrowed down to if no usb is plugged in the computer boots just fine and once windows is booted i can plug any usb device in and they work fine i just have to make sure everything is unplugged during the boot. I ordered a new motherboard do you think this will solve my problem, or is there something i should try before i replace it

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Check in your BIOS to see if your first boot is set to "USB-BOOT" or "REMOVABLE DEVICE" or something similar, put your Hard Drive as your first boot to see if this will solve your problem.

Edited by Alzeimer, 07 September 2010 - 07:05 PM.

wdustin1

wdustin1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey thanks for the ONLY response lol i did that it did nothing like i said i tried absolutly everything i can think of i went ahead and ordered a new motherboard hopefully i can get it installed without having to get a hold of a xp disk because i only have recovery disk

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
There are USB problems that can be fixed (not always)by disconnecting the computer from any power source for 30 minutes or more (let's make it 60). Disconnect from the wall socket, take out the CMOS battery and just wait.