Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

touchpad automatically double clicks if left in 1 place

• Please log in to reply

bobwski

bobwski

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My wife's laptop os a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094, model PSMB0U-015007. Whenever the cursor is left in any spot on the computer for more than a couple of seconds, the computer automatically treats it as a double click. We both find this extremely annoying. I've searched the control panel options and cannot figure out how to eliminate this. I don't want to disable the tap-to-click function on the touchpad, just the automatic double clicking. Can you help?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

There is no automatic double click setting for any mouse, but sometimes the touchpad will just go bad. Have you tried an external USB mouse?