Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problem?

• Please log in to reply

ill_never_b_a_geek

ill_never_b_a_geek

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello,

Lately when I'm already connected to the Internet (wireless) and am visting a website, I often get a "Dial Up connection" pop-up telling me to connect the Internet. When I click the X (to close that Dial Up Connection pop up as I'm already connected via wireless), it then tells me that in order to view the page I have to connect (which is silly...I'm already connected....wireless connection).

So, I then check my connection and YES, I'm still connected. But when I click the TOOLS tab, it shows me as "WORKING OFFLINE"(which is not true..I've got an active wireless connection).

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how can I fix it?

If I disabled (permanently) the option to work "offline"? Would that help?

Thanks in advance for any and all help given :)

Edited by ill_never_b_a_geek, 08 September 2010 - 05:11 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> tell it to never dial a connection.

The Work Offline can be solved either by clicking on any internet link, or (in Internet Explorer) pressing ALT, then selecting File and dechecking "Work Offline".

ill_never_b_a_geek

ill_never_b_a_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thank you, Neil :)

Worked great!